Sunday, January 19, 2014

First off..

1.19.14 - Again, it's been a long nasty time. I should really write more often... Sometimes I feel like I can't write, like I shouldn't write, until I have accomplished something-- but that's sort of a catch-22. What will I ever accomplish if I don't write, share, or even acknowledge that, maybe I have accomplished things?? I have. I mean I really have. I just don't feel it sometimes. What is accomplishment and what do I want anyway?? What qualifies an accomplishment? Money? Accolades? Carnegie Hall? Platinum Records? I just want some respect. I've written my whole third record... finished writing it like six months ago. I've put up some of the new songs I think. I'm working with my producer from my first, The Unexamined Life. But we're going a totally different direction. Embracing electronica, it's all half the world listens to, so get with the times, girl. I have no idea when it will get done, but I guess that's just one of those things I have to learn to accept: unless you're producing yourself, your work ain't a number one priority. Fair trade-off, I suppose. I miss playing shows with my band, miss an audience, and I miss feedback. I'm also trying to move forward with my film, Chloe, and I'm extremely blessed to have gotten some amazing people on board. Between this new production team, and just the simple comment of an old friend of mine, who said recently that she'd watched it and loved it, I feel humbled and happy and less prone to fall into the rabbit-hole of that voice saying "NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR STUPID ART." So that's it for now, that, and a big thanks to those of you who continue to support this crazy pipedream. xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment